Monday, August 27, 2007

Today's Layout Halloween 8x8


Hello, Hello!

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. I'm excited that my computer is up an running again!
Here is today's layout. It is a double spread 8x8 with room for up to 6 pictures. On the second page you have a 3-d pocket to hold some journaling or an extra pictures. The bears are 3-D ,hand-torn and created with several layers to make them fluffier. This LO simply marks the beginning of many more 8x8 layouts that will be available for purchase in my store and some will be listed in auction format. They'll be available in Single Page or Double Page, like the one shown in the picture.
I'm currently working on Kelly's 2007 Scrapbook, and for this year I chose an 8x8 format. My daughter's first scrapbook was a 12x12 format, the second and third were A4 or 8.5x11 format. Although, 8x8's are usually considered THEME albums (vacation, birthday, wedding, etc.) I still wanted to work with this smaller size. Well, let me tell you that it has been quite a challenge. Why? Not only because I got used to the larger page and being able to use lager pictures, cropping them was almost rare! But also, because we love taking LOTS of pictures, my husband is a photographer and he takes at least 100 pictures or more of a single event...Oh, my! You can just imagine what it's like to only select the "scrappable" pictures.
Now, I have found a way to display my favorite pictures of Kelly by printing them in different sizes or cropping them. I love matting my pictures, keeping my journaling private , using PP but most of all...I love that it feels that you are looking at a 12x12 LO when you're not. Smaller pages are supposed to be faster to make, and they are in a way. However, I found myself spending just as much time creating an smaller page that a larger, because of all the matting and little details. But, I LOVE the final result!
You can pre-make these pages and keep them in your scrapbooks to use in the future or give them as a gift in a scrapbook to share the bug of scapbooking with a friend.
In my case and because I don't print my pictures at home, I look at the pictures, select one as the focal point picture , then select the rest that help me tell the story. Then, decide on their size and from there I design the page. After that, all I have to do is print and add them to my page.
Scrap-a-lot!
Ana

No comments: